03 October 2021

Garage door cleanup

The garage door has been asking for some final trim for a while now. I had a few pieces of Ipe' left over that I was able to use, and literally just enough screws to get all the boards attached. 

Garage door trimmed in ipe'.

After the drywall was installed 2 years ago, I realized I'd forgotten to insulate above the garage door so I sprayed some foam in. It was November and cold when I did that, and the foam lay dormant over the winter. Then when things warmed up, the spray foam expanded and bent the drywall out so that it prevented the garage door from opening. We've been limping by for a year now by pulling on the top of the door before pulling up.

I pulled off the drywall above the garage door and sawed off the excess foam.

Spray foam sawed off above garage door.

Pine installed over the foam above the garage door.

I have some blue pine left over from the interior window walls and basement ceilings that worked nicely to cover the insulation above the door. The garage door opens without coaxing now. Now I just need to wash down the outside -- it's filthy, dusty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment